Winchester is supporting national Autism Awareness in April
Winchester is Lighting It Up Blue in April for autism awareness.
NEW DATE: APRIL 26TH 7PM.
We are inviting citizens, parents and kids, schools, businesses, and organizations to partner with us in helping to promote awareness of autism, a developmental disability. The lighting ceremony will be held April 26th at 7:00 pm. on the Winchester Town Common. All are invited.
This will be our fourth ceremony. It is always a fun time with speakers, blue balloons and blue light bracelets, our local businesses will provide hot drinks and donuts from Dunkin’ Donuts. At the end of the ceremony, the town common will light the common with blue color lights.
You can show your support by:
- Use #WinchesterLIUB when using social media.
- Wear something blue, paint your nails blue, be creative!
- Putting up blue lights on your porch, front light, and in business window.
- Businesses decorate your store window with blue lights, items or decorations
- Putting our sign in your store window or door, bulletin boards, school room to support Autism Awareness Month.
Sponsored by Winchester Disability Access Commission, Brio Integrated Theatre, and the Winchester MultiCultural Network